Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Poker God's are getting bored

I played in my weekly home game this week. I have to say I did pretty well considering. Last week I lost 85 on some hard luck. I raised from the big blind with 6 2 off against a small blind limper. He called and the flop was 624. Now this guy is new to our game but he plays pretty well. I knew he’d call almost anything in his position figuring I would try to steel, which I did. I bet the pot and he called. The turn was a 5. I went all in and he called immediately, I knew I was beat. I was smashed by his straight, (3,5suited). I can’t really be mad at that play, just bad luck for me.

This week the luck gods must have wanted blood. I got quad 6s. I saw a Royal Flush for the first time in my life. One player got AA 3 times and 2 twice the same two guys went all in against each other with the same hand. (all in 6 hours). I ended up taking down like 300 after losing the first game in heads up play (we played two games). I have to say my heads up play is beyond ass. I just don’t know what to do. They say raise with any K or A but I just have a hard time doing it, especially when I’m covered. I don’t like K 4 suited. I made a mental note to go back to my ‘source’ – the great god Harrington (or yoda as I like to call him) and read the section on head’s up.


***
It is my destiny, one I did not choose, to be shogun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home