Poker with a Black Eye and a Great Tie
Matt Hughs v. Royce Gracie, what can I say. I hate the Militech camp like I hate the empire from star wars. You just have to respect them but I wish death on each of their fighters – damn hicks. That being said Royce will not be the one to do it. Matt Hughs is a powerhouse. I heard him say once that the counter to good technique is power and he’s right, ask any big guy. I don’t think Hughs is unstoppable but I do think he’s good at what he does. That being said, I think there are some interesting dynamics to this fight. For instance, Hughs will not be able to use his “new” standup on Gracie. I guarantee its not there and even if it was, I doubt, Royce will allow it to go that way. He has enough experience to maneuver through that and get his hands on Hughs. Once in the clinch, Hughs will use his powerful takedowns to pummel Gracie. However (and this is the interesting part) I think Hughs’s ground and pound will be the only way he can win this fight. If he try’s to pull a submission off, the master will flip it on him and that’s where the upset will occur. It’s interesting that on the ground (where Gracie is strongest) is the only place Hugh’s can win this fight. Although I do think his strength (explosive strength instead of constant power) will enable him to avoid submissions and gain position, I would not be as surprised as the rest of the world to see an upset here.
Side note, I feel like a cheap whore every time I buy a grilled cheese from the vendor downstairs for 2.95. 3 dollars for something I can make at home, what the hell is wrong with me.
Patience is really the key in NL Tournaments and lately I have the patience of a high schooler on speed. I think that’s why I hate online tournaments. The blinds are just too fast. I’m forced to play questionable hands like A8, A9. I wonder if I ever get a chance to play in the big show, will I capitalize on the extended blind structure. To date, the longest blind structure I’ve played in has been 30 minutes. I wanna see what happens when I hit the hour blinds baby. Maybe I can hold out for better reads and better hands.
On a fashion note, I went to a store last night where the ties where 219 dollars. At first I said I would never pay that much for a tie but then I thought about it. I read once that if you have a good tie or jacket, or pair of shoes, you can get away with other cheap items like shirts or jeans. That makes a lot of sense to me. So I guess it would be stupid to buy a 100 dollar shirt but is it so stupid to buy a 100 tie and a 5 dollar shirt. Kors, where are you when I need you.
Things I don’t need in my life:
Girlfriends
Hemroids
Backpain
Migraines
Ass holes who tell me not to use the interoffice mailbox when I paid for the stamp.
Razor bumps
Surprisingly hot shows:
King of Cars
Prison Break
Dog the Bounty Hunter
The Deadliest Catch
Dirty Jobs – I love when that guy tries to clean shit.
***
Houston You have a problem. See I told my little girl I was coming home.
Side note, I feel like a cheap whore every time I buy a grilled cheese from the vendor downstairs for 2.95. 3 dollars for something I can make at home, what the hell is wrong with me.
Patience is really the key in NL Tournaments and lately I have the patience of a high schooler on speed. I think that’s why I hate online tournaments. The blinds are just too fast. I’m forced to play questionable hands like A8, A9. I wonder if I ever get a chance to play in the big show, will I capitalize on the extended blind structure. To date, the longest blind structure I’ve played in has been 30 minutes. I wanna see what happens when I hit the hour blinds baby. Maybe I can hold out for better reads and better hands.
On a fashion note, I went to a store last night where the ties where 219 dollars. At first I said I would never pay that much for a tie but then I thought about it. I read once that if you have a good tie or jacket, or pair of shoes, you can get away with other cheap items like shirts or jeans. That makes a lot of sense to me. So I guess it would be stupid to buy a 100 dollar shirt but is it so stupid to buy a 100 tie and a 5 dollar shirt. Kors, where are you when I need you.
Things I don’t need in my life:
Girlfriends
Hemroids
Backpain
Migraines
Ass holes who tell me not to use the interoffice mailbox when I paid for the stamp.
Razor bumps
Surprisingly hot shows:
King of Cars
Prison Break
Dog the Bounty Hunter
The Deadliest Catch
Dirty Jobs – I love when that guy tries to clean shit.
***
Houston You have a problem. See I told my little girl I was coming home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home