Monday, June 12, 2006

Listen its Futbol not Soccor... Naw, here its Soccor!

Haven’t posted in a while so I’m going to throw up some quick thoughts…

1. I deserved to lose my last two sessions of poker play. I have been impatient but more importantly I’ve been drawing to much. I’m going to get a tattoo that says Drawing = Gambling. The more your poker game resembles gambling the less of a winning player you’ll be. What does that mean practically? Straight draws and Flush draws are not telling you to bet or call unless the pot odds say so. To be honest I really should only draw at hands where I have more than one draw or a made hand and a draw. I haven’t been doing that lately and therefore I’ve been losing lately. That being said, there’s been another factor hurting my game as discussed in number…..

2. I’m tired of playing poker. I need to chill for little bit to get myself re-invigorated into the game. If your not into it, don’t play, you will only lose.

3. I went to the Cayman Island’s recently and I now know why people travel outside this country. The women living abroad are beautiful. I truly believe there are beautiful women everywhere but I would be lying if I said I don’t love exotic looking mixed people, and that’s what they’ve got out there. Here, your usually straight white, black, Asian, or in other words boring. I took a look at all the girls I’ve gone out with and realized that’s what I like, I like exotic looking people. Dark skinned, light skinned, white, black, I don’t care as long as your exotic. I am the exotic lover. YA!!!!!!

4. I’m watching the world cup for the first time this year and I’m hooked. Why am I watching, (besides the fact that I grew up surrounded by Caribbean bastards who make fun of the old red white and blue because we suck)? I’m watching because this month’s issue of GQ has a list of the best places to watch the world cup and in one of the descriptions it said, “ Argentina v. Brazil had the most beutifial women I’ve ever seen” If GQ is telling me, “Hey stupid this is where its at, there has got to be something there.” Please see Number 3.

5. I’m excited for the first time in a while about work. Not my normal job of course. This week I’m going to start volunteering with the volunteer lawyers for the arts. It seems cool, and I’ve been helping out so many of my artist friends on the side I might as well get more experience doing it. The only problem is I have to get insurance which is expensive (a cost to volunteer what the fuck is that) and I have to con an older attorney to look over my work because I’m less than 3 yrs admitted which sucks. I’ve worked with many lawyers and in a situation like this I don’t need some idiot giving me grief when I know all the facts and I’ve researched the law. There is NO MAGIC IN LAW especially when its not a complicated area like M&A or Bond Docs, or Patent registration. This is low level licensing shit that anybody can do if they put some effort into it and have half a brain. That’s what I hate most about lawyers. They swear they’re so smart and they have this great knowledge when they’re no smarter than anybody else. Hey wait a minute… isn’t that all professionals.

***
I thought all you interns left me.
I wanna see you find that shark.
Goddam it thank you intern, your getting an A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home